Trakx Weekly Update: December 5, 2022
Key Crypto Market Figures
Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Crypto prices stayed positive for a second successive week - Trakx top 10 crypto index +3% over the week - as macro drivers reasserted their influence following a dovish tilt by Fed Chair Powell, who indicated that the pace of monetary tightening will likely slow at the next FOMC meeting slated for December 13/14. While the major cryptocurrencies were up between 3-5% on the week, second tier market cap tokens such as Polygon and Uniswap, posted even more impressive gains, witnessing double-digit percentage gains – the latter receiving a boost due to the decentralized platform launching NFT trading. Another standout was Dogecoin – the meme token favoured by Elon Musk – up over 20% amid speculation that it could become the digital currency of Twitter (see Decrypt news)
Source: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- FTX’s collapse was a crime, not an accident: Coindesk
- Sam Bankman-Fried: This crypto entrepreneur saw his £21bn empire crumble in just three days - what happened at FTX?: SkyNews
- Gemini exchange seeks to retrieve $900 Million from crypto lender Genesis: CryptoNews
- Dogecoin up 24% in past week as Twitter speculation refuses to die: Decrypt
- Brazilian Companies Break Crypto Purchasing Records Again in October: Bitcoin.com
- ‘The Next Generation’—BlackRock CEO Reveals $8 Trillion Fund’s Huge Crypto Prediction After Bitcoin And Ethereum Price Crash: Forbes
- Trakx Shea published his latest research paper Winter Extended
- Lionel Rebibo was quoted in Traders Magazine and Ryan Shea was quoted in Fortune
- All index factsheets were updated
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
**Includes simulated performance.
***The risk signal is determined according to the historical volatility level, the higher the riskier.
Trakx is a global fintech company creating new standards for digital asset investments. Through our trading platform, we offer thematic Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) and customised solutions, providing sophisticated investors a high degree of compliance, custody and liquidity. Trakx is registered with the French regulator (AMF).
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.